Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Seth!

Today is our brother Seth's birthday. He would have been 22. This summer he will be gone for 8 years. It's crazy how fast time has gone by and how it seems it was only yesterday that it was Seth's 14th birthday.

I remember when I figured out that you could drive with your older sibling if they were 21. I was 21 when Seth turned 14. I came home on this exact day, 8 years ago, and let him drive me around in my crappy Cavalier we called Betty. We drove by all of his friends' houses and the horn wouldn't work... I think Seth was embarrassed, but he never said a word. He just smiled and gave that proud face that we all look for in our own boys' faces :)

Our family never knows how this day will feel and it sort of creeps up like a gray cloud and at the end of the day we made it through the storm. It's never easy. I think some of us like to stay busy to distract ourselves :)

It is nice to remember Seth on his special day though. Our brother was full of life and a s**t as my brother Adam added today. A rascal and full of love all at the same time. We loved that about him.

Fortunately I did get to see Adam today, but I missed my brother Aron, his family, and my parents. I hope I'm not making anyone sad, I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Seth and tell him that I miss him. I'm sure that he knows though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He knows. We love you.

Rog, Bomber, and Po

Mike Schrock said...

I never got to meet Seth, but everything I hear about him leaves no question in my mind that he was truely someone special. I know that all of you would give anything in the world to have him here today, but just know, through faith, he still lives in all of you today. The Schrock family prays that your family continues to have strength to make it through this tough time. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Here's a verse that helps me through tough times: "All things are possible through him, who gives me strength" - Phillipians 4:13.

jenni said...

He sounds like he was an amazing brother. i am so sorry your family had to go through such a horrible tragedy.

Always keep him alive through stories and memories!!