Thursday, June 26, 2008

Boy updates

The boys are really enjoying their summer at home. I keep telling myself that a year from now I will always be home with them, but it just can't get here fast enough!

We've been having weekly play dates at the various parks in town and are enjoying Monday night swim lessons. We've been walking quiet a bit and just enjoying summer. My big brave mommy accomplishment is pushing Tate on the trike and guiding S.Jessen on his bike to the park that is only a block and a half away. The big accomplishment though is that we have to do it on the road as we have no sidewalks! S.Jessen is getting really good at riding, but Tate enjoys being pushed :) It now takes us less than 10 minutes to get there :) They love playing in the sprinkler/pool (for a while) and the sandbox and all that fun backyard stuff, too!
S.Jessen and I have been having great times working on school stuff when he wakes earlier from his naps than Tate. He's really writing all the letters in his name now and I can't believe he can do it! He was just born yesterday! My big education goal for the summer is to get him writing more and to do some beginning reading activities. S.Jessen has already had Bible school and enjoys going to story time at the library! Last year I couldn't get him in the room!Tate still doesn't give a hoot about colors, but does know a lot of his shapes. He has a few colors down, but prefers to guess and drive me bonkers! :) His big summer success is figuring out how to make his thumb go up for a thumb's up. It's too cute! I figured out he knows all the words to nearly all the songs on his nighttime cd. He amazes me in so many different ways than S.Jessen amazes me. I love how different they are and how much I love them so! There is never a day that I am not in awe of them.


Here is Tate. S.Jessen fell asleep and I took his picture so Tate asked me to take his... and he closed his eyes to pretend sleep. What a goof!

The first night of swim lessons was very cold! Tate and Claire get to be together and S.Jessen and Brett's class is after ours, but they don't need us :)

No comments: