Sunday, June 1, 2008

Fell off the blog band wagon, but we're back!

Apparently I have fallen off the blog band wagon, but I am back ! This is the longest I've gone in between posts, but we have been so busy this past month and some times it's hard to get it together! May flew by so fast and every weekend accept for this one was full!

I am so thrilled that my second year of teaching has been completed and it was so much more fun this year than last. I learn more every year, month, week, day, and it will always get better with more experience. Now I won't focus on that though. I will focus on the boys and all the fun that we will have together!

I will try to catch you up with photos for May.

We were able to do lots of playing outside and barbequing already with Roger's new grill. A 5 year anniversary gift to ourselves. The other one held out quite well , but was ready to be retired :)


The boys are "tater-tottering" as S.Jessen calls it :)

We got to go the St. Edmond ball, a fund raiser my school puts on every year... which is always a good time for us.. They raised the most money ever this year, I think...

Daddy and Mommy ready for the ball

After that weekend was Mother's Day and we went out to eat and relaxed at home. It was nice. I guess I did have down time that weekend, but no time to blog... we also got rid of Tate's nuk and S.Jessen's thumb sucking this weekend, yahoo! This is my in to have two more kids... we had them quit together so the next babe will need a partner to quit his/her thumb or nuk, too. I think it's a great idea :) No there are no more on the horizon yet :)

S.Jessen, Mommy, and Tater reading books :)

My cousin Dustin got married to Alicia the following weekend, and we had a nice time chasing Tater everywhere. Three times he yelled "sh**," but not during the wedding. We were just waiting for him to say his other naughty line, "Oh weanie! Who tooted?" The cussing isn't funny, but that line is...I know I should punish him, but it's so funny! I'm terrible! Oh my goodness do we have our hands full.

The boys before the wedding and during... with my nephews and brother Adam

S.Jessen is a rascal, too! He's taught Tate everything he knows... He completed his first year of preschool! I can't believe it. On his last day of school the parents met with the kids at a park here in town. Super Daddy Roger took him on his field trip to the park as it was too hard for me to get out of work :( I'm glad they got to have that time together though. It was really special. Roger saw S.Jessen blowing on a dandelion and before he blew on it he said, "I wish for ice cream!" Guess what he got on the way home? What a good daddy!

S.Jessen and his teacher on his last day of school

Then, it was Memorial Day weekend and we were helping Nanny and Papa move and visiting with both sets of parents. We still had Monday afternoon to ourselves and we planted flowers and let the boys get really, really messy! They loved it and I loved not freaking out about the dirt. I'd like to try to focus on the fun and let them be kids. Which is much easier said than done :)

Tate on Mommy's last day of school. Roger brought both boys for a visit. We caught Tate on film, but S.Jessen was too busy running around with my students.

And now it is June and the boys and I have enjoyed our first week at home with "no work" as they call it. There will be more updates soon!

4 comments:

Adam K. said...

You can really tell Chunk is getting to weigh as much as Munch in the Tater-tottering photo! I'm glad to read about your life again, even though I hear most of it anyway!

Mike Schrock said...

I thought that you had retired from blogging. I mean, come on, share the kids with the rest of us. Thanks for everything that you guys have done the past month for us, not only with Heather's mom, but for Ally as well. I will try and send some "Rally for Ally" t-shirts out your way, but they are a hot item right now and might take a while to get some shirts out to you. By the way, tell Rog I got the Chicago Bears to send some pretty cool stuff to Ally.

Anonymous said...

Great work on the update! Great job on getting year 2 out of the way!

love you

Rog

jenni said...

glad to see you are back in the blog world, I have been bad to. Maybe it was just having nice weather finally that we were out with our families having fun!! Great pictures!!