Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vegas

Well, Roger and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary in May. We decided it was time to hit the road and go to VEGAS! Rog had never been and I went when I was 21, and that was a little while ago :) We went with our great friends Dan and KayCee that we do not get to see often enough.
The first night we flew in at 11:00 at night. We got freshened up in our room at the MGM Grand, and walked around until 3.
The next day we laid out most of the day at the pool. It felt so nice not worrying about reapplying anyone's sunscreen or whether someone should eat or not. I love our boys so much, but sometimes a mommy needs a break! We sat around and had many a bucket of the Bud Light limies! I highly recommend them! We also watched this guy who looked like a sasquatch (sp?) dancing his heart out. He was covered in gray hair and I am sure he is either the abominable snowman or that damn sasquatch (sp?) those people always see. Look at him, am I wrong?That night we ventured out and ate at a Sushi restaurant. It was pretty great, but their portions need to be much larger for us corn fed. After that, Roger and Dan surprised us with a 3 hour hummersoine (sp?) ride to various hotels. We gambled and drank and had a fantastic time! I was in bed by 10 though, whoops! I partied like a rock star. I couldn't help it....
The next day we walked the Vegas strip for a long time. It was fun to shop and see the hotels in the day light. We went out for a less wild evening that night, but still had a great time! We even checked out the Coyote Ugly bar, but left when they were inviting all the girls to come dance on the bar. Maybe when I was 21, but not now... I'm feeling old!
On our last day Dan and KayCee had to fly out in the AM so we walked around more. Roger wanted to play his last $20 on a Star Wars slot machine we saw. The good news was he won $350! It was a penny slot machine, too! We ended up being up about $200 when we left. I had better luck with black jack and Roger had way better luck with the slots.

It was an awesome trip and we really enjoyed ourselves. We are going to try to make it a tradition every other year! We owe it to ourselves to take some time to have some adult fun without worries.

1 comment:

jenni said...

how fun!! glad you got to party like a rock star before that little one came along!! lots of happy news!