Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Dedication

On July 22, Roger and I had our boys dedicated. This was very special to us for several reasons.

#1 We promised to dedicate S.Jessen and Tate's lives to Christ and to teach our boys all about Jesus. We dedicate them and when they are old enough they will choose to be baptized on their own.

S.Jessen was so cute. During the ceremony, he asked if it was his birthday. I nearly choked and cried and laughed all at the same time. So many emotions. Leave it to our 3-year-old to lighten the moment :)

#2 My brother Aron, who is a pastor/chemical engineer, dedicated them. My boys were his first dedications and my brother Adam and I were his first baptisms when I was pregnant with Tate. It was 10 times more meaningful because he did this for us.
Roger and I had to read a promise together

#3 My cousin Bridget and her husband, Lowell, had their son, Evan dedicated the same day, by Aron as well, AND we got to promise this journey together. Bridget had her first huge family get together that afternoon with all of us! It all worked out wonderfully.

Bridget and Lowell and Evan

THEN, we took 10, 000 pics. The boys were very ready to be home after such a long week away from home, but it was terrific to share this moment with each and every one of them.


Below: Nanny and Papa Roller, Great Grandma and Grandpa Kolosik, Grandma Brecht, and Granny and Pops Kolosik.



1 comment:

Granny said...

OH, my such a day it was, and my heart is still singing! I loved every minute of it! I love you, Mom