Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fresh Cuts


I'm finally brave enough to take the boys to get their hair cuts all by myself. Today was my second time. I know it sounds weird, but it took me a really long time to do things while they were smaller. They are only 21 months apart and it just took me a while to get comfortable!

Now we have hair cuts down to a science. S.Jessen get skittles from the machine and holds them in a bowl and eats them while getting his hair cut. This also works for me because I tell him that we only get candy from those stinking machines when we get hair cuts, which is like once a month! Maybe it's mean, but I feel like it's very smart :)

I have to hold Tate, but if I hold his raisins down really low, they can cut the bottom of his hair. This time they both got really great cuts. I'm so glad as I've got to get Tate's 18 month pics before he's 19 months! I've been waiting bc one week, he had a cut. The next week, a bruise. This week, his hair cut had grown out, ugh! I didn't send an 18 month update yet as we couldn't get our checkup until he's 19 months. Ok, I'm rambling!

Another thing I wanted to share is how our 3-year-old speaks like an adult. He told the lady cutting his hair that she was a "great hair-cutter" and to "be careful with the scissors so you don't get an owie." She was cracking up! He also told her when he was done that it would be time for his sucker and toy! She said he definitely knows the routine and she's right!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great job with the men today! Love the pics, love you, and love the men.

Rog

Kelly said...

Absolutely adorable. Nicholas goes to a barber with two chairs. When he is done he thinks he needs a treat from both of their cupboards. He's quite the little swindler so he usually ends up getting a sucker from one guy and a piece of bubble gum from the other :)

Granny said...

Wish I was a mouse in your pocket when they're getting "worked over." So darn cute! Bad hair or good, they are adorable! Granny

jenni said...

Great haircuts, great job!! That is the good thing about girls, I don't have to take them to get their haircuts until they are over 2 (a real one). Otherwise, Tads mom cuts their bangs. I am hoping she will also cut Caels hair. Tad is telling me it is getting to long, but I am not ready to cut it yet.