Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tate is 19 months old


Tate is 19 months old! As promised here is his update. Tate is getting very grown up, but still my "big", silly, baby!

Tate is now 32 3/4 inches and 27 lbs 8 oz. He and S.Jessen are officially 2 1/2 inches and 5 lbs apart.

He is full of gibberish, but more words are coming through all the time. I know he has over 40 words at this point and says lots of phrases. He is a little smartie and can identify the animal sounds when we ask and when we look at his favorite book (What Do You Say?) he'll make the sounds for the correct pics.

The other morning I woke up to him singing "You Are My Sunshine" on the monitor. He can do whole phrases or when I say the phrase and pause for the last word he'll say that word. Sometimes it is hard to understand, but once you get that is what he is saying it is darling! Sometimes he does the shortened version of "SHuhsine, happy!" So precious...

Tater runs all over the house saying, "Oh my!" and STILL plays with dog food! He is already using a spoon and fork with "some" success...
When we pick out movies he says, "Shu wu wa" and I finally figured out that that meant "Should we watch..." because that's what I always say when we are picking out what we want to watch in the mornings.

The boys have been back to daycare 2 times now. The first time only S.Jessen cried; the second time, they both cried! They really know how to wrip a Mommy's heart out. At least I trust and love their provider so it's not as bad. I'm getting ready to be back in the swing of things at school. It will be so nice having last year under my belt and working with the same grade and co-teachers again! S.Jessen is beginning preschool this year, too, yikes! Where does the time go?

No comments: