Friday, March 28, 2008

S.Jessen Turned 4!

Well, it's been a month since I've posted... I've tried so hard to keep up with my two times a month, but this month has been super hectic with S.Jessen's birthday, Parent Teacher Conferences, and Easter!

Our big boy, S.Jessen turned 4 on Monday the 24th. We had a Darth Vader birthday. I am still worried about his fascination with Darth Vader, but Roger promises he is not interested in the "dark side" of the force. Star Wars is about the life and death of Darth Vader... why wouldn't he like him? :)
I always love to decorate one of their birthday cakes each year and this year S.Jessen had requested a cake with one Darth Vader candle (which we found on E-bay). It was fun to do and he was proud of it. It's never too fancy, but it is from me :)

I always like to share about their development on their birthdays and I'm not sure where to start.

S.Jessen is almost done with his first year of preschool and he is doing so well. Of course he has issues with waiting to be called on, with his hand raised, but it's not like we teach them to raise their hands at home to speak... that would be really weird and I'm a teacher! His development at school is right on, he is really enjoying his show and tell times, and making school friends.

S.Jessen and Tater really play well together. They definitely like to roll around on the floor, but they are always telling each other I love you without my starting it and I love that. I just know they will be best friends and we are raising them to be just that. This past Christmas was so much fun with both of them and I am so eagerly awaiting the summer because they will be able to play independently in the back yard! I will always be right there, but I can leave them to go get snacks or something inside :)

Our hearts are definitely happy to have two boys, but a girl would be nice one day... S.Jessen loves babies and Tate right now does not. We spent last Friday evening at my brother Aron's house, and Tate was not about to share with our little one-year-old cousin Evan. He kept saying, "Stop it Evan!" when he would take toys. It might be soon to introduce a new baby Brecht... maybe in a few months we'll start working toward that plan :)
Now that we finally got a family picture done we are interested in adding to the "fanily"...

2 comments:

Mike, Heather, Dylanne and Micheala Schrock said...

Don't you just feel old having a 4 year old. It's nice to hear that they get along so well, we have our moments here. We need to get the kids together to play. We should set up a time.

jenni said...

It is amazing how much they change from 3 to 4. 4 has been a good year for us, I hope you expierence the same.

Don't worry about introducing a new little one someday soon?!! The boys will adjust just fine. I am anxiously awaiting to hear some good news from you guys. Just keep practicing!