Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Fanily has a new member

On February 9, our Happy Fanily welcomed it's newest member: Charlie James Gariel Brecht. Charlie has two middle names. He is named after his Grandpa Jim, Uncle Aron James, Uncle Alan James, Pops Gary L. Kolosik, and Uncle Adam Gariel. We just liked the name Charlie. He was 9 pounds 1 3/4 oz and 21 inches long. He was delivered via c-section. At first, I had the choice since I've had both kinds of deliveries, but since my water didn't break, c-section was the only choice. Apparently I was having contractions the morning of, but I didn't feel them, yea!
Here Roger and I were ready to go at 5 in the morning! This is my game day shirt. I've worn it on all three boys' birth days.
Did I look ready to go or what? I felt great, but he was quite the load to carry around and I of course had super swollen feet and legs.

Meeting Mommy and Daddy
The delivery was quite successful, but due to some extra fluid not squeezed out from a regular vaginal birth, Charlie had to be on oxygen for several hours. That was pretty heart wrenching for me because I saw him for about 30 seconds when he was delivered and then not for 4 hours. I was scared he would want to adopt one of the nurses as his mommy.

All of our parents were there for the delivery and they were all kind and waited for me to hold him first. They could go see him in the nursery, but I was stuck to my bed with my handy dandy catheter.
Proud Grandma & Grandpa Brecht and Granny & Pops Kolosik

Charlie was a natural at nursing, but lost a whole pound in the hospital due to the lovely circumcision he had the following morning. That was pretty stressful for him and eating was not high on his list. We had no jaundice for the first time and were able to take him home instead of having to stay an extra day.
Granny and Pops brought big brothers S.Jessen and Tate in to see Mommy and Charlie. It was hard because I looked tired and all the tubes and stuff were a little scary. They were proud though. Each one handed me a rose and they were excited to see their baby. Tate was more excited to run all over the room so the stay wasn't long, but it was nice to have all three boys together for the first time.



Our 3 beautiful boys

1 comment:

Adam K. said...

Love this! Can't wait to meet him!