Thursday, August 30, 2007

From Baby to Preschooler

Our baby S.Jessen


I am not quite sure how this has happened, but my little baby is now, sort of, a big boy! He will always be my baby though. They know at such a young age. He has been telling Daddy for days that he is going to preschool and Mommy will be so sad. I am officially not sad! I just don't know where the time went!

This post will be in two parts. The first is preschool open house and the second is the first day of preschool.

Open House, for the parents, was a week ago and I felt so overwhelmed! I was so scared about the idea of S.Jessen working on sticker for a good day and not getting it if he was misbehaving! I am a teacher and understand the concept, but you tell your 3-year-old why he didn't get a sticker and see how it feels!

Anyway, this Tuesday, we had an open house for S.Jessen. He had to do a scavenger hunt to find out where things are in the room. For example, can you find where I will be washing my hands? We found the cutest, sweetest, one foot tall toilets and sinks! S.Jessen was so excited he whipped his pants off right there. As he was peeing he's saying, "Mommy, this is so cute!" He loved it! His teacher reassured us as we were leaving that she would love him and take care of him and I did feel a lot better about leaving him, but he is our first!


Look how little he is in front of the door!I know. I may get in trouble for this one, but look how he's got his standing up position down!

Look at the child-sized sinks next to the adult-sized ones!

Well, we survived the first day of preschool. In fact it was the day that every Mommy hopes for (well this Mommy anway). He went, he didn't cry, and came out saying he learned about God. Now that I'm working Roger is responsible for the dropping off and picking up. This works so well AND for he and S.Jessen to have this time one-on-one time together is unforgetable!

He is so proud!


As I was driving S.Jessen to "work" this morning, my heart was a little sad, but excited for him and his big day. I was worried about whether he would be scared and then whether he would listen and if he would feel abandoned, do I need to go on? But he did so good! Roger said at one point, S.Jessen was like, "Are you leaving me here?" and the next moment he was giving Roger the biggest, biggest hug and kiss bye bye and saying I love you and see you soon! That so would not have gone that way if I was responsible for the drop off... He had the greatest day ever! And he did get his sticker :)

Tate is in for his own adventure as being all alone at daycare. He did fine, but did not see S.Jessen leave either... Mommy holding on so tightly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update! Love you!

Rog

jenni said...

WOW!! Can you believe he is going to school already?? I don't look forward to it yet, I am going to cry my eyes out. It is a good thing that Roger does the dropping off, easier on you. Great pics!!