Friday, June 22, 2007

Sometimes I forget who I am talking to...

So the other night, S.Jessen needed me to come rock him well after bed time. I was walking in feeling quite needed and happy. We rocked and I asked him, "Do you love your life?" (already I hear the duh! in my head, but it was a happy moment...)


S.Jessen said, "Yes, I do." I told him I loved mine, too. Then! He went on to tell me, "Mine is green, it's in the freezer, and it makes my mouth feel all better." Now, if you are anything like me at all a huge WHAT? just went through your head or even came out of your mouth. I had to back track, thinking what on Earth is he talking about? It all came back...


A year ago, S.Jessen chipped a tooth on our steel bathtub. Every time after that, when he would play with my nephews, his lip would bust open from the jagged tooth. (Eventually the dentist had me file it down and no more blood, but back to the story). My sister-in-law Ayla brought him a teething ring from the freezer and I said, "That was a life-saver!" Forever more, a frozen teething ring has been called a "life". Does it all make sense?


Why in the world I thought a 3-year-old could have a deep conversation about loving his "life" is beyond me. I was caught up in a lovable moment and ended up almost peeing my pants!


This is no different than our trip a month ago when S.Jessen told me he needed a drink and I said he needed to say one more thing and he said, "One more thing." I was so baffled I didn't even know what he said. I was expecting a please and got exactly what I asked for.
I really am in trouble some day. Just look at his face! He is a rascal and so endearing all at that the same time. Guess we'll just keep on loving him and wait for the next funny thing...if only I had time to write them all down :)


Tate is not too far behind S.Jessen for being rascally either. Check out the face that Roger caught him making! He just looks like he is cooking up trouble. This is also where he brews a messy diaper for me. They both did this. S.Jessen always said he was, "sitting on the stool" and Tate has followed in his footsteps. Hopefully he will potty train earlier than S.Jessen did.

I can only imagine what the two of them will cook up together... and I am not talking about dirty diapers :)

1 comment:

jenni said...

Kids say the funniest things, don't you just love it. You need to start writing them down or you will forget. The conversations you will have. Conversations with Jaden are pretty funny and Skylar is just behind her also. Great pictures!!